So, you’ve now got your “Online Presence” website package and now you need to change content? Easy. Just follow these instructions and you’ll be able to edit content anywhere on your new website.
NOTE: Click on an image to zoom in.
Step 1: Log in to your website
- Check your inbox for an email from us with the username and password for the website.
- Jump to the login page for your website. This is usually http://[your domain name]/wp-admin
- Enter the username and password that were given to you.
- Click the [Log In] button.
Your website will now show the back end where you can make changes.
Step 2: Go to the page you want to change
- Notice the menus on the left hand side of the page. Click the “Pages” menu.
This will show a list of all the pages on your website.
- Scroll down to the page that you want to edit.
- Hover your mouse over the name of the page you want to edit. Notice that there is an “Edit” link. Click the Edit link.
Step 3: Make the changes
- Scroll down to the section on the page that you want to change.
- Hover over the section. Notice a green pencil icon that appears. Click the pencil icon.
- An editor window appears. Make the changes that you need to make.
- Click the [Save] button.
Step 4: Publish and review the changes
- After you have completed the changes, scroll to the top of the screen and click the [Update] button.
- Jump back to the live website and view the changes.
HINT: Click the “View Page” link at the top of the page to view the live website.
That’s it. You’ve just changed the website.
To make more changes to your website
General WordPress knowledge
- How to add a blog post – http://www.wpbeginner.com/be
ginners-guide/how-to-add-a-new -post-in-wordpress-and-utilize -all-the-features/
Google if it’s something specific. Remember to search for pages created in the past 12 months so you’re getting the latest content.
- http://guide.the7.io/ – these guides give you everything you need to know to configure the look of the website. You should really need to touch this.
Visual Composer (drag and drop editor)
- Visual Composer is the drag and drop editor that’s used on most pages. This allows you to have multiple things on a page like an image, a video, a piece of text that’s split into two columns etc.