Do you have a new website that you’re displaying or selling products off of? You might need a quick method to bulk import products into the website.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to download a sample WooCommerce CSV file to enter the details of each of your products
- What each of the columns mean in the sample file
- How to upload the CSV file into your website
- What to do if the import doesn’t go as expected
How to download a sample WooCommerce CSV file for bulk import of products
To bulks import products into your WooCommerce online store, you will need a CSV file. This file can be downloaded to your local computer and edited in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
What each of the columns mean in the sample CSV file
Once you have downloaded the CSV file, you’ll want to start adding your products. The easiest way to do this is to open the CSV file in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
Once you’ve opened, the file, you’ll see a bunch of columns. You can choose from either of these options:
Your web agency is uploading the file for your
You’re luck that we’ll look after a few of the columns, so only focus on the following columns:
- sku: This a the unique identifier for this product.
- name: This is the name of the product
- 1 = the product is active
- 0 = the product is not active, e.g. it’s been discontinued
- 1 = the product will show in a featured products listing if there’s one on your website