What prompted the need for a new website?
Paul from Benchmark Media & Entertainment (BME) approached us in August 2018 to discuss their need for a new website. After a quick chat on the phone, we helped them uncover the answer our favourite question - 'what's the matter with your current website?'
Here's a shortlist:
- The platform that it was built on was getting really hard to use and taking up too much time
- They were getting almost zero traffic from search engines - i.e. SEO was pretty much non-existent
- The look of the site did not match the quality of the work they produce - this meant that any sales enquiries were almost ignored as most of them were 'tyre kickers'
What happened in the first strategy session?
We pulled in our design partner Bernard from Designer i.am for a sit down meeting with BME.
Paul and Gio loved it!
Why? We asked questions that BME hadn't even asked themselves, but realised they needed to find the answers to if they wanted to grow their business.
We got to the core of:
- Who's a perfect client?
- How do you want to group your services?
- What's your favourite five websites and why?
- Do you want to include pricing on your website?
- What's the sales process when a perfect client lands on your website? We ask this because a website should replicate your sales process.
What solution did they go for?
After the initial strategy session, we all agreed that a Business Professional Website was the best solution for BME. This included a custom design from Designer i.am and a website build from us.
We built BME's site with the following in mind:
- It's got to be easy for BME to keep up to date
- The site must look great on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- It needs to be easy for people to navigate through and take action when they realise BME are the best company to go with
- The site must be easy for search engines to navigate and promote
What results are they experiencing?
We launched their new website on Wednesday 7th November, 2018. Two days later they were promoting the site at an awards night with some high profile businesses in the room.
Since then, BME are super excited to have a website that's modern and reflects the high level of quality that their business delivers.
We've also had 3 months worth of data to collect and here are the results:
- An increase of 24.8% in traffic from Australia - this is before our SEO partner has even started working their magic
- An increase of 80% in the number of pages that someone looks at when they get to the website
- An increase of 85.9% in the time that people spend on the site
- A decrease of 32.48% (from 71.8% to 48.5%) the bounce rate - the number of people that leave when they get to the site rather than looking around
Overall this is a pretty healthy result and we're pretty excited to see what happens over the next few months as the SEO of the site is managed and some targeted traffic is pushed to the site.